Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, November 23, 2009
This morning I cleaned up a pile of broken window glass from in front of the Carlton.  Here's the e-mail I just sent out to the 48201 Google Group:





In my opinion, nothing says "don't move here," "don't invest here," "don't visit here," and "don't start a business here" like piles of broken auto glass. Today, I swept up a pile of glass (AKA "road bling," "Detroit diamonds") from in front of the Carlton on John R.  The window smash could have occurred during yesterday's Lions game.  I know that other residents of 48201 (and probably other areas) regularly clean up the road bling.

I'm developing an aggressive plan to counter these window smashes. My plan is to kick this response off before the Tigers' opening day in the spring.  In the meantime, I've started a spreadsheet to keep track of the window smashes.  So, here's what I'm asking of you:

If you see a pile of the bluish auto window glass on our streets, either drop me an e-mail, call me, or post it to this forum.  

Here's what I'm tracking:
Date discovered; time discovered; address or interesection; side of the street; who reported; who cleaned it up (if applicable); any other miscellaneous info, such as, "during a Tigers game"

I'm concentrating on Brush Park, but I'll log any that are reported.  

And don't forget that there's an old police saying:  "No report. No crime."  So please report these crimes to the DPD. 

No comments: